Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Common Thief

The last time I had a good idea,
I stole it from a monkey by the name of Phil.
He was in a tree eating a banana,
With a grin on his face the size of a whipporwill.
I asked him why he had the grin,
And he told me it was somethin'
Quite beyond the scope
Of the average Company Bear.
But it was there...

And I had to make it mine.

I tried to find an equal trade,
A win-win kind of thing
With my good friend Phil.
He scrutinized every offer I made,
With the Grim Reaper's scowl
And an iron will.
I asked him why he was being difficult,
And he told me 'twas his pleasure.
Quite outside the realm
Of mere human measure.

But he was...
Difficult.

So I took his idea
And I called it mine.
And I left him a
Bottle of dry white wine,
And a Wal-Mart credit card
With a purple bandana -
Two pickles, a cheeseball,
And a nice green banana.

And to this day,
Phil's fine monkey belief
Is that I am no better
Than a common thief.